The base of any HACCP system is an effective HACCP manual or food safety manual. It summaries the HACCP system, specifying how the requirements of food safety are applied in the workplace, relevant to the different food products being produced. We can provide draft HACCP manuals to support your HACCP system developments.
The draft HACCP manual will provide a set of proforma documents that can be used to quickly and effectively describe your business, identify hazards and risk and link these to the process steps employed with different food products. More specifically it will define:
- The purpose of HACCP system
- The scope of the HACCP system
- Management responsibilities
- The systems used to specify and control HACCP
- The systems used to identify hazards and critical control points
- The systems used to monitor any critical control points
- The prerequisite programmes that underpin HACCP
- The systems used to record HACCP related data
- The systems used to control any HACCP based non-conformance
It will also describe how HACCP links to other quality systems and records that are used within your business, so that the HACCP sits seamlessly within the overall quality management process.